Student Comment: Your "facilities" are excellent for a training lab and your hospitality and expertise are unexcelled! ... more
home
the coach
classes
schedule
the craps pit
dice sets
Dice grips
practice units
tournaments
testimonials
craps test
article archives
Q & A's
tell a friend
help
keep me informed
contact us




 

Crescent School of Gaming and Bartending

 
 
    COACH'S CORNER 

        

OVER RATED BETS

Over the course of my craps sessions in the casino environment, I have come to the conclusion that I should only make a "pass line bet" on myself.  Not because I think I am a better shooter than anyone else, but because as soon as one establishes the pass line point, the shooter only has a 40% chance of making that point.   Conversely, the shooter has a 60% chance that he will not make the point.

Let's take a $10.00 Bettor who puts full odds on the 6 or 8 (a $50.00 odds bet behind the line).   In the casinos eyes he is a $10.00 Bettor even though he actually has $60.00 at risk.

He now has to hit the same number for the second time to be able to complete his bet successfully. The pass line bet pays even money, with 6/5 payout on the back line (odds bet) for a profit of $70.00.

On the other hand, a place bettor who places $60.00 on the 6 or 8 has the very same amount at risk, but in the eyes of the casino he is considered a $60.00 bettor.  His return will pay the same amount of money- $70.00.

This works for all inside numbers 5-6-8-9.

Those of you who are interested in obtaining casino comps, the place bets are the better way to go.

These same rules apply to the Come Bets as they do for a pass line bet.  You have to hit the same number twice - to get paid once.

Also remember that your place bets are not contract bets, they can be changed. The pass line bet is a contract bet and has to remain throughout the course of the hand.

The dark side can also be treated the same way.  I make no Don't Pass or Don't Come bets because of the 7 & (YO) 11.  Your chance of hitting those numbers on any roll is 22.22%.

If you have any questions about the Dark Side, look at my last article on "Don't bets vs Lay bets".  (All previous articles are listed in our archives listed on the menu bar.)

                                                         ~~~~

Since this will be our last article for 2011, we at Dicecoach.com wish you and your families a very Happy Holiday season and a prosperous New Year.



Beau
Dice Coach
Another 20 minute roll!  I think between that little modification and adopting your betting tactics, that this will work well in the long run.  Thanks again!  - Bill - 
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong - but that's the way to bet. -Damon Runyon-

© copyright 2022 | DiceCoach | all rights reserved | privacy policy | Site developed by Pablo